I am so proud of my seedlings,gotta show ya some..more photos post 14

mothergoose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I just have a few...

5568_plants_033.jpg

5568_plants_037.jpg

5568_plants_039.jpg

Thank you all for all your help and tips, so far...I will be asking lots more questions and needing lots more advice.

I am having lots of fun too!
Christie :watering

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
They look great Christie!!

Looks like tomato plants, their nice and healthy and sturdy.

mothergoose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Yep, lots of heritage tomatoes...hope to start transitioning them out to the greenhouse this weekend. We had a cold snap this week and decided to wait it out. THe nite temps were below freezing. This weekend is suposed to be upper 30's-low 40's nite temp, so hopefully, won't need too much additional heat out there.

Christie :tools

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow, they look fantastic!!! I'm so jealous!!!! :p

Let us know how they hold up to the move. I am hoping to start moving some of mine out to the coldframe shortly.

krzybo

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Mothergoose: Is that heat lamps for the lighting? If so, what kind of bulbs have you got in them. Your plants look great. I am green with envy.

Bettacreek

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'm super jealous. I've been planting and sprouting and putting them outside, then bringing them indoors over night, for what seems like forever. I only have the seed "leaves" or whatever they're called, and that's on the GOOD plants. :(

mothergoose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
The tomatoes on top were started from seed on march 3rd., they have literally grown infront of my eyes, just amazing. I have seedlings that were set at different dates, some have grown faster than others. The higher on the rack the faster the growth also, so I try to rotate abit, because the floor temp is cooler than the top shelf. I do keep my house rather warm too and my ceiling fan runs 24-7 to keep air moving over them all the time.
I started out with the bottom picture set up first, with the lamps with the cfl lights, they do good, but some seem to stretch toward the light( a bit leany)...cfl bulbs are equal to 150w (2700 lumens) they were $9 each at walmart.
That is when we put the shelf unit together with the 4ft shop lights all with the 34w fluorecents that have 4 bulbs per shelf each giving off 2650 lumens. They seem to grow more evenly on the shelf unit.
But i still have both full.
I am running out of room and want to start more seeds, so really hoping the move out to the greenhouse will not be too tramatic and I am hoping to start some seeds out in the greenhouse this weekend as well.

Any suggestions on what seeds to start directly out in the greenhouse?

Thanks for all the kind coments too, I am second guessing myself all the time...do they need water, are they too wet..to dry...
Keep sending me them good growing vibes,
Christie :D

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Excellent job, mother!! They look fabulous! With temps above freezing at night, you can direct plant (skip the greenhouse) lots of cool weather crops. Beets, carrots, broccoli, cabbage, onions, kale, lettuce, radish- should all be fine planted in your garden now! Keep us posted!!

Latest posts