I am so proud of my seedlings,gotta show ya some..more photos post 14

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
lesa said:
Excellent job, mother!! They look fabulous! With temps above freezing at night, you can direct plant (skip the greenhouse) lots of cool weather crops. Beets, carrots, broccoli, cabbage, onions, kale, lettuce, radish- should all be fine planted in your garden now! Keep us posted!!
Ditto!! :thumbsup

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Great job. Mine aren't that far along yet... but now I think you have set the standard. Awesome. :happy_flower

mothergoose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thank you for all the nice compliments. I would not be doing this well if it was'nt for all of you and all your old posts. I have tried to absorb as much knowledge from you all as I can.

I just got the 2nd edition of Seed to Seed, now I am trying to read that...it is alittle technical for me but I am gonna try to muddle through it and try to learn more about saving seeds and plant familes.

We are suposed to get up in the 70's here by Wednesday with nite temps in the 50's....I am hoping to plant onions and potatoes on good Friday!!!

Christie :D

mothergoose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Ok, so far the transition to being out in the greenhouse is working out great. I have been letting some trays out during the day, I have been waiting till the temp in the greenhouse is over 60 before I take them out, I try to keep the temp around 70 inside the greenhouse. The first night i brought them in once the temp dropped back down to 60, and gradually each nite it gets a little cooler before I bring them in. Tonight I will bring them in once it is down to 50. Hopefully by Wed they will overnight out side, the low is suposed to be 50 over night...I will probably be up and down all night looking at the temp(at least I can check the temp from in the house, those remote thermometers are nice!

Here is a photo of some of our red, yellow, and green belle pepper plants and a photo of some of the flats in my little greenhouse.

5568_greenhouse_002.jpg

5568_greenhouse_010.jpg

Lovin it,
Christie :D

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Look'n great, Christie! Congrats on your success! :celebrate

I've got some flowers going, just getting started on the veggies ... great weather this week to clean out some beds ... :tools... :woot

mothergoose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
SO far so good. I have 10 flats of seedlings that have successfully survived staying out in the greenhouse for the last 3 nights.
I am like a mother hen to them. I am in the process of transplanting tomatoes and peppers.

Happy Easter everyone!
Christie :bun