I Broke Down and Got Chickens Today

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pictures soon?
Yes, I will try. Right now, 4 look like chipmunks, 1 is pale yellow, and 3 are black. I noticed one in particular already chicken scratching at some of their food on the bottom of their brooder. So funny to see a chick that little, scratching like an old biddy.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I found this on line:

Prairie Bluebell Egger lays a novel blue egg but produces higher quality eggs than a pure Araucana. This breed was created by crossing Araucanas and White Leghorns, this creates a chicken that lays a large quantity of eggs that have blue shells. The Prairie Bluebell Egger is an active bird that is very good at foraging. They are lightweight and do not eat as much as larger breeds.

Prairie Bluebell Egger Chicken - CountryMax
www.countrymax.com/prairie-bluebell-egger-chicken/

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are you done with rabbits then?

I was done with rabbits day 1. I have just tried to give them a home and safe place. I did not get them for breeding or anything. The neighbors turned them loose. Actually, 3 different neighbors did this, started raising rabbits and would get rid of them except the last 1 or 2 and then turn them loose and they would come to my yard, so my husband caught them and built a hutch and we used the rabbit manure for the garden.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
20190429_091445-1.jpg
Trying to put up a pic

Latest posts