I Did Not Know I Needed That!

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ok post those very cool thinks here. I will start.
Screenshot_20210301-194212.png

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Those are so awesome, never seen them before. What are they called?
I do not know but they look like they would make you do a Jekyll and Hyde personality shift in the garden! The weeds would be fearful! They would be useful for scratch in fert and amendments I think, with that rubber to keep your skin from any chemistry.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
with as much gravel i weed in around here those would not work, but they are impressive, perhaps they'd scare the weeds into going away... :) i need to be able to pinch weeds to pick them up. i do wear a lot of fingertips off of the work gloves we use.

i actually use a wide bladed steak knife with a wooden handle for much of my close weeding around other plants. it isn't that sharp and i like that i can use it to skim quick or to dig out a particularly stubborn weed without having to change to another tool. if the soil is lighter and the weeds are mostly small i use a small mason trowel instead which has a sharp enough edge to often scrape the weeds and that is good enough.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
At the rural garden, the property owner was trying to get rid of this. It is intended for moving firewood... but just happens to work really well for carting around hay bales. I can pull hay off the top without the whole bale falling apart, and it maneuvers easily between rows, and around tight corners.

20210703_134138.jpg

This will be a real back saver when laying 25 bales of hay as mulch. :ya

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
At the rural garden, the property owner was trying to get rid of this. It is intended for moving firewood... but just happens to work really well for carting around hay bales. I can pull hay off the top without the whole bale falling apart, and it maneuvers easily between rows, and around tight corners.

View attachment 42314
This will be a real back saver when laying 25 bales of hay as mulch. :ya
Brilliant

Latest posts