I don't see any reason . .

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
. we can't celebrate together:

Today, it will be 30F at McMurdo Base in Antarctica :p.

:coolsun

Tomorrow -- 33!

Steve
:weee

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds like a heat wave to me as it's 29 degrees in NE Indiana now.

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It was 16.3 degrees here last night in Northern Michigan.....sunny and 32.2 now. You know it's cold when you want to go to Antartica to warm up....:cool: We had several -7 and -10 degree nights a few weeks back....we also had record highs...almost 60...unheard of this time of year for here. I'm waiting for Spring....wanting to plant things.
7566_january_2009_014.jpg
....and the snow outside my back door....had to use the front door.....a few yrs. ago.
7566_january_2009_010.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haven't see 60F since October 22nd!! A high of 44 yesterday and the snow is nearly gone from my yard. It is 31 now and clouds are rolling in from the Tri-Cities, also known as the "Confluence of the Yakima, Snake, and Columbia Rivers" and home of the Richland High School Bombers.

On related notes ♫: I've had no problem getting all the week's trash in a can that is not only 3 times smaller than the largest available, residential garbage can but is less than half as large of the next size! And, I've just learned research has shown that the majority of what a vacuum picks up in the average American home is hair and dry skin!

:tongue I find this to be disturbing news and have vowed to bring more garden dirt into this house!

Steve

edited to add: and, what do you think about this?

wheelbench-22.jpg

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow Steve....I like the bench....what a great idea!!!! Is that yours? Did you build it?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
No Rusty.

I'm trying to figger out how to adapt the idea to a hammock!

:cool:.

First, I need to decide how to re-align a 100 year-old window frame in the front bedroom . . . While looking out, I just saw a poor old lady fall on the ice! Well, I'm assuming she was poor, she only had 86 cents in her purse.

digitS'

smilieinhamock.gif

A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.

April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It's 43 degrees here in Eugene. It has been dry and sunny the last few days. i've used this to get working on my chicken coup that so many of you were kind enough to give me all your ideas about. (pictures forthcoming) But it's toooo dry here. I need some good rain!

Looks like it's on the way this week! Hopefully no warming in the pass, which translates to opening the dams up and flooding our farm...but even the floods have been fun.. :weee

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Like hammock idea better. An improvement would be wife or kids to take it wherever you wanted. or make harness for dog to pull it for you. Dog would complain less. :cool: