I found a kitten! Help?

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
I kept hearing a meowing coming from the tree line by the highway, but it kind of sounded like a bird and would stop when I got close.

An hour later, 600ft away, I heard it again!

Thinking it might be a mocking bird who learned a new trick, I turned on video recording on my phone and walked to it.

Then I saw it!

A tiny, little, white ball of a baby kitten!!! =0

I ran up the pasture, horses running with me, jumped the fence, got a crate and down the highway I kept running.

She was about 8ft from the road, partly down the steep side that dropped 20+ feet.

Luckily, when I played with some grass, she got up and came to my hand and when she smelled I was a person, she rubbed herself on me and started to purr. :)

Got her home and set up a dog crate with a litter box, milk, water and kitten food.

She is super playful and happy to see me. She has a couple fleas I caught, but she seems otherwise ok.

Anyone near me (VA) have space for a baby kitten or know of any rescues that aren't full?

I pretty much guarantee DH will refuse. He doesn't have the $400+ to drop suddenly for all her tests, vaccines, worming, debugging and spay.

2015-08-12 22.02.33.jpg
2015-08-12 22.01.28.jpg
2015-08-12 22.00.39.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
What a lucky kitty! I found a mama and a bunch of kittens...I brought them in and found them homes, but they were feral and never were happy to see me! Good luck finding this one a home-so cute, I don't think you will have much trouble!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've never seen a cat with two different eye colors. Maybe she's lucky! I'm sure someone will want to take her home. You could ask around some of your local vet offices. My vet takes in a few kittens all the time, spays/neuters them, deworms, shots, then rehomes them for only $12. (That's how I come home with two...) Tell them she's way too pretty to go to the pound! :love

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
She is purr-fectly Adorable. I am not close enough and with a cat hating dog living in the house it would not be safe to bring home a kitten. Good Luck finding her a home.

Last edited:

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I actually would love another barn cat. But the last kitten I took in managed to find his way to the road and got hit. Broke my heart and I swore that the only way I'd ever have another outdoor cat was for it to be totally feral so I wouldn't love it so much.

Make some calls. The Colonial Heights SPCA offers VERY discounted spay and often throws in most of the testing/vaccs for free.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
People think farms are the prefect place for unwanted pets. Kitten coming to you means it was around people and not feral. I bet the person that dumped her, drove away very proud of themselves, for finding kitty home on a farm. Sad thing most dumped in the country animals don't live long after being dumped. I am not telling you to not go to vet, but when I was a kid we never took found kittens to Dr. Go get over the counter wormer, if you don't already have it. good luck

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, $12??
I would have so many pets if the spay/neuters were that cheap!
Lol

I have 2 people interested in her, hope one of them shows up. If they don't show, the CFnF may be able to take her in.

She looks like Kylie had a baby, so I hope she finds a new home ASAP or I won't be able to let her go....lol

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
We just did this a few months ago when my male, unfixed cat brought him what we THINK is one of his kittens. He could barely move, was cold and starving and barely moving. Now, he's almost as big as his dad and very healthy and very friendly. Using a dog crate is the best thing to do. We gave him a small litter box, and he is still faithful to use a litter box, even though he's out of the crate. We close the kitchen door and he has "mouse duty" in the kitchen and basement every night. It's like in "Babe", where "every animal has a purpose." We, too, have problems with cat predators, but I'd rather keep trying than deal with the mice. :D

Latest posts