I hate grass!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
*sigh*

As you can see, I am very behind on weeding....Even the driveway is now a sea of green.....

All bald spots here were covered in grass, yes, walkway as well! =0

Once I'm done pulling the grass up, I will remove some mulch, lay down one or two layers of the thickest black plastic I can find, cover with mulch and hope I can bake this mess down!!

I may or may not start adding pavers after that. Certainly, there will be no more mulch all over. Hoping to make it all pavers with squares of empty space for the plants, those areas will have mulch. Maybe I can stain the pavers so they are less obvious, idk.

View attachment 15902 View attachment 15903 View attachment 15904 View attachment 15905
amazing how them weeds pop up everywhere and take over. down here could take a week off and would still behind catching up on weeding....

just remember weeds are gods gift to keep you busy....

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pavers! Why haven't I thought of that? I need something between the garden raised beds or need to redo the whole thing -- fence and all -- to make mowing easier. I rather like the idea of never mowing the garden. Eventually, the weeds should be history as well, huh?

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
We don't have a tractor, so have to pay someone else. It sucks. Wish we had a tractor that could handle our hills, a tedder and a small square baler! Then I could make hay, stack some for myself and sell the rest. But no, the equipment costs a fortune! =0

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tell me about tractors! I just went into debt for my Deere. It'll be mine in a mere 6 years with no interest, hoping to make it closer to 4-5 years.

Speaking of tractors, I have an IH to sell. . .

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't feel so bad, my garden that started out so pristine, is knee to elbow deep in grass and weeds now. The green beans and calico peas are still producing or I'd turn the sheep in it. Thinking about staking a couple of them out in select areas......

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
@secuono can you rent the equipment? @Smart Red did you ever post photo of new tractor

DH checked that out and I think it added up to 1500 or 2000 for all the equipment we would need to use to make the hay. I forget how long you can keep each for. There doesn't seem to be a small square baler though, so we would also have to rent a tool to move the bales with. I only need 6-8, so it doesn't make sense to rent anything.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
just kidding
H4.jpg

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I bought a used brush hog off CL this spring. Loved it unfortunately so did my nephew, when I asked about it he told me, he makes to much money with it to give back :he:he I think I paid $100 it was in great shape.
Pix? Think it's time to have a heart to heart with nephew....

Latest posts