I have hostas, lilies, seedums, and iris's to trade

marcym

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I'm looking to make a few trades for this fall. Would like other perennials that thrive in Iowa, zone 5. I don't know the proper names of what I have, so here's my best descriptions. I can take pictures and post when they bloom.

Hostas: Plain green, green with white, and green with yellow.

Asiatic lilies: orange, yellow, white and pink.

Orange ditch lilies

Iris's: Bearded dark dark purple and yellow. Not sure I will be able to tell the difference in these come fall, so will probably be a mixture of both.

Seedum's: Purple flowers. I think I have one batch that have pink, but would have to wait until they bloom to be certain.

So, do you have anything interesting that you might like to trade?

Thanks for your time,
Marcy M

marcym

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Are my plants undesirable? Is it that nobody lives in my zone? I know the first time I hosted a plant exchange at my book club, people were chomping at the bit to increase variety with only minimal expense. (I think my largest box cost me $8 to mail to OR, and that included over 50 bulbs, shoots and tubers)

Kristina

Sprout
Reaction score
Hey Marcy! I don't think that it's that the plants are undesirable....heck I would love to have them...especially the ditch lilies! But I know in my case we're begginning gardeners at my home and only have very limited plants so nothing to trade. :( But if I did I would certainly be taking you up on this offer :D

Alaska Animal Lover

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hey Marcy! It's Aimee from PBS!
I would swap plants with you but I don't know what I could send you from Alaska. Do you have Blue Poppies there?

marcym

Leafing Out
Reaction score
No blue poppies but my orange ones do very well.

robbobbin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I too am interested, just not much to offer in trade. I'm in zone 5 also and have pretty much the same plants to offer that you do-lol
I'll do some thinking though and see what I can come up with.

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
People may be interested later on when its closer to fall. I myself though am overrun with lilies (all the same ones as you) and hosta, I dig up the lilies by the shovelful. I just bought a dozen more sedum yesterday.So it could be that people have the same, but you never know. Like I said people may start thinking more about that stuff later on.

jacca5

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I would love to have some Asiatic lilies of any color not sure what I could trade you for them. I have tons of flowers that people have given no clue their name though. If you still have some to trade let me know I'll take pics while they are blooming.

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
are orange ditch lilies those daylillies that grow in the ditch and are orange? did i just answer my own question?

jacca5

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Yes they are and yes you did.........lol I have tons of them.

Latest posts