I have rosemary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is a 2nd year plant after it has "mothered" some of those new starts:

DSC00456.jpg

It will easily be about 3 or 4 times this size by September. The new growth can be harvest anytime but the plant has made made very little growth so far. I've never tried moving them to anything massive in the way of a container. My idea has been to re-start and have fresh plants every few years. I could probably make root cuttings, also.

The eggplants behind the plant are trying to negotiate. They think they should continue as container plants and be molly-coddled here in the yard - moved around continuously. Going out in the open garden on this, yet another, cool and windy day is causing all sorts of angst with them!!

Sink or Swim. Builds character . . .

Steve

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
The rosemary plant I got has more buleish colored leaves and the stems are not woody at all, the entire plant has soft stems. Its almost the color of sagebrush its so blue. but it's from the best nuresry in the area and labeled clearly as culinary rosemary, the tag even has recipes on the back. I used about 3/4 tsp in a couple of pounds of roasted potatoes and there was flavor but it didnt taste right to me...

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
digitS' said:
This is a 2nd year plant after it has "mothered" some of those new starts:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h22/Digit_007/DSC00456.jpg

It will easily be about 3 or 4 times this size by September. The new growth can be harvest anytime but the plant has made made very little growth so far. I've never tried moving them to anything massive in the way of a container. My idea has been to re-start and have fresh plants every few years. I could probably make root cuttings, also.

The eggplants behind the plant are trying to negotiate. They think they should continue as container plants and be molly-coddled here in the yard - moved around continuously. Going out in the open garden on this, yet another, cool and windy day is causing all sorts of angst with them!!

Sink or Swim. Builds character . . .

Steve
This is close to the size of my plant. It has a few more branches but they are quite as long but overall ... it's about right. I planted it in a large teapot planter I got from Walmart. It looks fine and I am hoping the it take off and get really big. I may try starting some cuttings. That is awesome.