I have sprouts.

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Here in GA it is pretty nice and since I have a little more of my bearings I am trying to get a good garden this year. Last year was a disaster. I started with a raised bed and then dogs tore it up they tore up my greenhouse I had trouble with rabbits and on and on. Then the weather and soils are so different but now I think I am better prepared.

I am hoping to get my tomatoes in the middle of Feb/ 1st of Mar. I have started: Roma, Arkansas Traveler, Porter, Creole and Bradley. I have grown Roma's in Ohio but everything else is new to me. I got them from Annie's heirloom seed southern tomato collection. I have to start a cherry, I am thinking about green grape or whatever I have in my seeds. I planted them on Christmas day and I have several sprouts from all but Creole. I also have some cut and come again lettuce sprouting. I need to get them out as soon as possible. I also have a few carrots that have popped up in my garden yesterday. I need to get some lights out today for all my new friends :).

I watched a video on youtube called 4 day carrots and tried my version of them in a raised bed. I started them on Dec 18 and finally yesterday I had a few of them sprouting. In my defence, he started his in July and I am starting mine in Dec. Less sunlight and lower soil temp.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome back Dorie! Your new difference in gardening climates is huge! I wish you much success this year, don't be a stranger, we want to hear all about it!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
You got some good old dependable varieties of tomato there, Dorie. I am not familiar with the Creole, but I believe the others are tried and true. I wish we were that far along in the growing season. We have the worst of winter yet to come, here. :(

Latest posts