I have sprouts!

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have a ton of sprouts :weee

I have 2 flats of flowers which is new to me. Bunches of peppers and tomatoes. Basil (thanks to someone on this site I am trying them again.

Whitewater

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I have more sprouts too! About 75% of last year's sweet banana peppers have come up, and about half of the final basil. Still waiting for the chives and the Rainbow Mix bell peppers, but since I only planted them less than a week ago, I'm not fussed :) Apparently chives can take forever to sprout!

Going to transplant the rest of the first lot of basil sprouts today (I transplanted the very first bunch a few days ago, had to separate them all into their own little pots, and they're all doing ok) into their very own pots. I got some organic potting mix by Jiffy and it's sphagnum moss and vermiculite, mostly, with some other stuff as trace elements, and it seems to be doing ok. For the next stage, I'm going to get the baby plants some actual soil-based potting stuff.

V. exciting times :)

Whitewater

Whitewater

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Just another update . . .

I am pretty pleased, this is my first time doing anything like this and out of the 16 total basil sprouts that I had germinate, I still have 13 of them. 4 of 6 balsam plants, and every single one of my sweet banana peppers. Yay!

Interestingly enough, one of my rainbow bell pepper sprouts died because it wasn't getting enough water, or something, and I figured that was it for it, but lo, after a few days worth of watering (I guess the water just drained into its little peat thingie, or something) it came back.

It's now looking like it never died in the first place. A zombie bell pepper, lol!

I have 4 rainbow bell pepper sprouts and 3 chive sprouts (which are growing like the weed they are!) as well as everything else and I couldn't be happier.

People are lining up to take my extra basil and banana peppers (I'm going to plant all the chives and all the rainbow bells).

The basil is happily growing its second set of true leaves, mostly, as are the sweet banana peppers. I'm pretty sure that everything will have a good 2 or even 3 sets of leaves before I put it into the garden about a month from now. The rainbow bells, being the last to sprout, are just now getting their 1st true leaves.

So, the only thing that's really gone off-track is my digging out the veggie patch . . . I was going to start that this week, and I got sick. Next week!

Whitewater

Latest posts