I have weird chickens

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bronx zoo had a gay pair of penguins Roy and Silo. Zoo keepers even gave them a egg to hatch and raise, which they did. After 6 years Silo left Roy for a female named Scrappy.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dovie, my little Easter egger, has been the low gal in pecking order from the beginning. However, last summer she started mounting Gertie, who was top hen most of her life. Now since the 4-month old kids are in the pen with them, and Roger is bigger than Dovie, he has been stalking her (and everyone else smaller than he is) He won't bother big Gertie and Scarlet. They run him off. What drama!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have found that when you have too many roosters they will find the weakest one. They will then "do what rooster do' to the weak one until it dies. Does not take long. I will relocate it to a different coup and sometimes they recover.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have found that when you have too many roosters they will find the weakest one. They will then "do what rooster do' to the weak one until it dies. Does not take long. I will relocate it to a different coup and sometimes they recover.
I only have the one young rooster, and nine girls. I had to chase him down and carry him around tucked under my arm for a while this morning, just to show him who's boss. He was sure mad, but we talked about stew pots for a while, and he did seem to calm down some.

buckie52

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
View attachment 115

Yes, that is a picture of chickens doing you-know-what. What is weird about it is that the black one, Rusty is a hen too. She is a serial molester. Rusty stalks unsuspecting hens, then pecks their head. The selected hen then squats for her and she hops aboard. Yes, she goes through "all" the rooster motions. :lol: Rusty hops off and the hen stands up, ruffles up her feathers, shakes them back in place, then her and Rusty have an after sex cigarette before Rusty goes looking for another cute hen. :lol::lol:

And it gets weirder. I don't keep a rooster, living in town on a small lot, I don't want to disturb neighbors. So I guess these poor hens are so starved for a roosters affections, that they'll settle for anything--even me. Before you ask, no I don't stalk the hens--Rusty has that covered--literally. :gigWhen I walk close to one, they squat for me. I stroke their back, they stick their tails up and I squeeze their tails. Same thing, the hen stands up, ruffles her feathers, then shakes them back in place. I don't smoke, so we can't share a cigarette.......... :lol:

buckie52

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I have a hen that also mates another hen.she only does it in the spring and fall.The hen she mates hates it she tries her best to run from her.

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
If you think that is strange you should see my latest rooster. He is a very good boy who always asks the hens for permission to mate, and they being the snots always refuse him. He is to polite for te "grab and go" so he has taken to asking the blue shoes on the porch....... naturally the shoes don't object ;) so he goes to town on them. :lol: He has recently discovered that neither do the waterers, boots, and landscaping ties.:gig My poor boy.:rolleyes:

Latest posts