I must be serious

Eleanor

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
iu

(It isn't me in the photo but it could be... ;) )

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
iu

(It isn't me in the photo but it could be... ;) )
My wife had a need to organize curbside plantings at various intersections around town. I heard the same comment.

How some ladies can bend at the waist and my grandfather could squat in the garden for hours kills me. I am good at neither so I wear brown pants.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
My wife had a need to organize curbside plantings at various intersections around town. I heard the same comment.

How some ladies can bend at the waist and my grandfather could squat in the garden for hours kills me. I am good at neither so I wear brown pants.

deep knee bends and squats can be a really good lower back and upper leg stretch, but some days are tougher than others.

if i keep my winter exercises up it really helps for getting going in the spring. this year i did some winter exercises, but i still sure feel it after doing some recent days of weeding and puttering around.

in a few weeks things will be stronger as i keep getting more time in the gardens as the weather permits.

the coming week weather is near perfect (other than we can use some more rain).

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
deep knee bends and squats can be a really good lower back and upper leg stretch, but some days are tougher than others.

if i keep my winter exercises up it really helps for getting going in the spring. this year i did some winter exercises, but i still sure feel it after doing some recent days of weeding and puttering around.

in a few weeks things will be stronger as i keep getting more time in the gardens as the weather permits.

the coming week weather is near perfect (other than we can use some more rain).
I use some odd sized plots for onions this year and went out and weeded them the other day. They are just big enough to stretch me. I came in with quads that felt jelly.

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
When we bought our first house the older fellow who lived next door commented jokingly that every morning when he woke up and looked out his window he would see my back end. This man had the best garden in the neighborhood, but when he fell ill and could no longer tend it Mother Nature reclaimed it and within a decade it was a complete disaster. I knew what a productive garden it had been though, so eventually when this house came up for sale we purchased it-- mostly for the yard. Now I get to have one of the best gardens in the neighbourhood, largely due to the soil building that he accomplished over many decades. And the folks next door to me? They still awake to the same view each morning. 🤣

Latest posts