I Need 12 Step Program

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last summer when the big box store put their trees 75% off I got carried away and bought 15 trees. I just planted the last one a week ago. Went to buy some cement last night and had to look at their garden section. Before I knew what happen I was trying to fit 8trees in my car. How can you pass up a $5 crapapple or a $6 flowering cherry?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I understand, but I look at the cost of watering the ones I already have plus the limited time I have to actually water. That's consuming a whole lot of my time right now, between the vegetables, young trees, and berries.

My water bill went up over a hundred dollars a month (and occasionally much more) in the dry hot summer we had last year and it looks like a repeat this year. I'm not starting any new trees, even the free crabapples I start from seed. I can't afford them.

I emptied two rain barrels last night carrying water. I now need enough rain to refill them. Not happening for at least two weeks by forecast.

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
same here I have a well and praying for rain soon !!:bow I would love to have more trees discounted ! But its too late to plant as our weather is way to hot for them. good luck with yours !

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are having very hot & humid weather. Chances of rain every day but always seem to miss or only get a few drops. :( Water barrels getting low.) Your problem passing up a bargain tree is like me and craft/fabric sales!!!! ;) Yes, a 12 step program would be a good idea. (Not sure it would really help.) LOL. :D

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We just let the flowering crab grow their own babies... DH doesnt like my ideas of where to plant trees so we just stopped trying to talk about that.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
So why pass it up?
Nyboy said:
Last summer when the big box store put their trees 75% off I got carried away and bought 15 trees. I just planted the last one a week ago. Went to buy some cement last night and had to look at their garden section. Before I knew what happen I was trying to fit 8trees in my car. How can you pass up a $5 crapapple or a $6 flowering cherry?

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am down to using greywater to water all the trees and front yard things I have growing. Even then, we can't make enough greywater to handle all of the dry spots in this 105F temps we are having.

Latest posts