I Need To Move To Wisconsin...

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Because, apparently cranberry bogs don't do well here in Texas. :(

I have this great recipe that everyone loves for Cranberry-Nut Bread. We have the Pecans, but the cranberries are expensive and hard to come by.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yup! Cranberries do really well here in Wisconsin.

One day we got a phone call offering us the opportunity to invest in a cranberry operation in northern Wisconsin. Don't know how they got our name, but they seemed to think we were sitting on $5,000,000 and would jump at the opportunity to join Packer members in this great adventure.

Yah! Right! I tried once to get some cranberries started in my acid bed beside the blueberries and azaleas, but they failed to grow. Still have plans to try again soon.

Move right on up here! There's 18 acres for sale right next door. We'd be neighbors! The owner lives right there in Galveston.

nelson castro

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Cranberry-Orange Pancakes with Cranberry-Maple Syrup.. WooW! easy to prepare and so delicious.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
down east Maine has some research areas i've driven through before that are just cranberry bogs/land. they have tons of wild low bush blueberries growing that way too! seems interesting that most of the land where they were growing both were on top of ledge that wasn't covered with a lot of soil. guess that is why they call it the barrens up there.