I Now Understand What Being A "Chicken" means!

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
lesa said:
You can definitely understand where the saying "chicken" comes from! They do make you laugh. Your coop is so delightful- I remember when you first posted pics, I felt I needed to mention that chickens were going to poop in there! It just looked so perfect! Did they enjoy the cilantro, after the terror subsided?
They didn't seem to really eat them like they do when I hang it up by a bungee cord. I guess they don't like them just flat on the grond. They like me to hang them up. Normally they love Cilantro.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Greenthumb18 said:
Hey Steve,
What kind of chickens do you have that they don't cackle when laying an egg? I'm looking for a quiet breed and not sure which one is best.
The very quiet Edna is a Barred Rock.
The very noisiest chicken I've ever had was Spring, a Barred Rock . . . :idunno

My Brahmas were very quiet. You can't find a breed much more mellow than a Buff Orpington but I had 1 silent hen and 1 that would raise Cain everyday for about 30 minutes at a time. It usually had to do with egg laying but, sometimes, was totally explainable.

It seems to me that if they are noisy as chicks, they will be noisy as adults :hu. I don't know if that is any help to you, Greenthumb.

Steve