I Now Understand What Being A "Chicken" means!

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yesterday I cleaned out a garden bed of Cilantro that was getting ready to go to seed. I put the plants in a big black trash bag. They filled up the entire bag! I thought the chickens might like to have a chance to peck at the nice greens that were still on the plants.

So.. I took the big bag into the chicken run. and you would have thought I unleashed a mountian lion in the coop! The Ladies were flying and squaking and just running around like crazy trying to get away from the bag and me!

After I got all the cilantro out of the bag, they still got in the furthest corner and just looked at me!

Here they are it was too funny!

41610CilantroCoopemail.jpg

hikerchick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Chickens can be so amusing. Funny pic!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can definitely understand where the saying "chicken" comes from! They do make you laugh. Your coop is so delightful- I remember when you first posted pics, I felt I needed to mention that chickens were going to poop in there! It just looked so perfect! Did they enjoy the cilantro, after the terror subsided?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That is HILARIOUS!!!!!!! :lol:

Mine freak too... "the evil scraps can is coming, the evil scrap can!!!ARGH!"

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Perhaps they thought you were going to beat them with it? LOL, chickens are so funny!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
mine will do that too. it is even funnier with the roo sticking his head out as far as it will go because the girls are trying to push his body back in the corner with them! :lol:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I once carried some stuff out of the backyard in a black plastic bag. The hens watched me suspiciously as I passed them ;).

When I got to the driveway, I dumped the stuff in the back of the pickup. It was a windy day and that black bag got away from me and blew over the gate and back into the yard.
Gosh, you'd have thought that Satan himself was after them :ep!! Edna (the #2 hen, who has to be the most contented chicken within miles) -- it was the very first time I heard her cackle!! She doesn't even cackle when she lays an egg. The hens were all scattering and trying to hide behind each other at the same time!

Black bags are from hell . . .

Steve

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
digitS' said:
I once carried some stuff out of the backyard in a black plastic bag. The hens watched me suspiciously as I passed them ;).

When I got to the driveway, I dumped the stuff in the back of the pickup. It was a windy day and that black bag got away from me and blew over the gate and back into the yard.
Gosh, you'd have thought that Satan himself was after them :ep!! Edna (the #2 hen, who has to be the most contented chicken within miles) -- it was the very first time I heard her cackle!! She doesn't even cackle when she lays an egg. The hens were all scattering and trying to hide behind each other at the same time!

Black bags are from hell . . .

Steve
Hey Steve,
What kind of chickens do you have that they don't cackle when laying an egg? I'm looking for a quiet breed and not sure which one is best.

Latest posts