I pickled WHAT? A contest :D

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
As someone mentioned..yes it is hot, but it is delicious :D

I picked out a few of the ground cherries. Very different but very yummy! I haven't been brave enough to try the green tomato yet.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
wifezilla...I would love a seed pack if you still have some. Boy, was that nerve wracking!...trying to guess before someone else did. :D It was alot of fun. That was a great idea. Does the pickled jicama taste like a pickle?

Mary

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Jicama has a mild taste naturally so it ends up tasting like whatever brine you use. I don't use dill brine, just the ACV, water, and a little honey with garlic, salt, pepper, etc... Not a brine for canning but for refrigerator pickles.

I will be making up seed packs during the week with the goal of having them mailed by Saturday. So expect something next week :D

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you, Wifezilla, for all the goodies!! :weee
I was kinda having a rough day and it sure cheered me up to get your package in the mail. :cool:
I look forward to planting them next year! :happy_flower

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just got my package of seeds! Thank you soooo much! I felt like Christmas, opening a present. :D

I don't think it gets hot enough in the bay area for melons but we will try it. I love the name Santa Claus melon. Will definitely have the kids help me plant them next spring.

Mary