I really want these tree's, where can i get them?

Reaction score
Im so glad i found this site, i have been searching for answers for all of my gardening and yard care. We have been wanting to plant trees in our yard for a long time now, i think now is the time were finally going to do it, i been noticing alot of people have beautiful trees in their yards and i cant help but admire them as we go by and try to figure out what kind of trees they are, well i decided on a tree i would love and i been seeing them everywhere, and id love to plant some, my husband says they are dogwood trees, and they have the prettiest pink blooms on them, i love them and would love to plant 2 or 3 this spring, but where can i find these at? Im not wanting the seeds im wanting the ones thats already started to grow, can someone point me in the right direction on how to get these trees and about the cost of them? We have not one single tree in our yard and im the kind of person that loves shade and loves the look of trees, so i really want these, just dont know where to go to get them. Thanks for any help!;)

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Post your general location. Somebody might know a good greenhouse near you.

As for the trees, they could either be dogwood or Japanese crab apple. I have the crab apple trees and I love them. They are getting ready to bloom :D

1000470ib2.jpg

This pic was from a couple of years ago.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Our dogwoods are pink and they are already out of bloom here. What zone are you in? What state?

Chances are a local nursery is your best bet. I paid $75 each for the one's we had because they were 5+ ft and of course it was the season for buying them. MUCH better quality then anything found at Lowe's or Home Depot.

aquarose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
You should be able to get pink dogwood trees at any garden center or nursery. Ask the people there. Be aware that some trees are better planted in the fall. I don't know if these are or not. You could also order online. Just do a google search on pink dogwood trees.

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Mine were free. They just showed up one year and I didn't have time to yank them. They next year they flowered so we kept them. Took me forever to figure out what they were...LOL