I saw Bee's today.

yotetrapper

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Your "bee man" is a scammer. We keep bees, and if the swarm is within 10 miles or so, we do it free. Any further, and we usually charge $25 to remove the swarm. However, we do not remove honey, or do house repairs. We would remove the honey as long as the homeowner understands that they will have a large hole in the house, and we will not repair that.

adeledamate

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
yotetrapper said:
Your "bee man" is a scammer. We keep bees, and if the swarm is within 10 miles or so, we do it free. Any further, and we usually charge $25 to remove the swarm. However, we do not remove honey, or do house repairs. We would remove the honey as long as the homeowner understands that they will have a large hole in the house, and we will not repair that.
Yes, the price seemed ridiculous to me but he was the number the city gave me. (He wasn't going to repair anything) When I wanted to have a skunk family moved out from under our back house, the cheapest I could find anyone to do it for us was $275 per animal. We decided to just live with them and double up the protection on the coop and my garden, which they kept digging up looking for grubs.

janetnjim

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
adeledamate said:
I'm glad someone posted about bees. I have a bee hive, they moved in about 4 months ago, and was worried about my 5 year old's safety. I called the city to see what they said and they told me that I had to have it removed by a professional because it was in my backyard and not on public property. When I called the "bee" man he said that they were probably honey bees and not africanized bees because they hadn't attacked anyone after 4 months. He said it would cost $300.00 to remove plus 15 a pound for the honey to be removed. I had been reading about Colony Colapse Disorder in some of my gardening magazines so I really felt that leaving them would be a better option. I just make sure my son doesn't play in that part of the yard. They are actually quite fascinating to watch.

http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/5636_s6300327.jpg
Wow Adele, i sure wish i had that in my yard.

Latest posts