I saw one!!! I saw one!!!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
6180_asparagus.jpg

Two actually. But it won't be long! Life is getting better.

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Woo Hoo! :weee I'd be out there checking every day. :D

Rummor has it, that at an old abandoned farmhouse out behind our property, there was a HUGE bed of asparagus. The house has only been abandoned for 2 years. So guess who is going to be taking a walk at some point in time pretty soon? :fl

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last year I was not checking regularly and just happened to walk by. I got them before they got too far along but it was closer than I want it to be. I do like fresh asparagus. This year I've been checking real regular and saw these yesterday.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
good for you after seeing your picture put my boots back on and checked my asparagus bed, nope not yet.

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
yum yum. it's amazing how it just keeps coming. I only have two whiskey barrels, but it's been enough to eat from several times this spring. glad your spring is coming along

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think I should stop on the road and mark the locations of the wild asparagus around here with a can of spray paint or something! I can never see it until it is full grown.

The wild plants along the river that shoot up after the snow runoff used to get a lot of attention from me. At least, what was growing a stone's throw from the garden I had then. They were very late, of course. Then all the information on heavy metal contamination finally got thru to me. I don't think I need to harvest the spears out of an EPA superfund site! I just gotta locate what is already here and there on higher ground!

I'm glad you are getting something from the garden. Any chives? Egyptian onions? We had some nice fresh kale leaves a couple of days ago.
Steve

Latest posts