I still have more seeds to send!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Howdy all.

I've been doing my little part with biodiversity the best I can.

So far I have mailed seeds to:

BlueJay
Digit

And, so far I have seeds in bubble wrap envelopes ready to mail out soon as I go to town next time for:

SeedO
Thistle

And, probably in the next few hours I'll have bubble wrap envelopes filled with seeds for:

NinnyMary
Honeycomb
Journey

What I am tyrying to do is rotate through my seeds before they get too old. I have boxes of seeds. Lots of Tomato seeds, and as you might guess, many of them are from my own hybridizations. The very few oldest are from 2004, but most are newer than that. Also have brassicas and some lettuce. Some of the brassicas are or may be crosses, the worst of which will make fine collards or kale, but there should be some cool things in those. Also there are some winter radishes, some of which may be crosses of china rose with long black spanish. Those should be fun.

I notice that picking and choosing what to put in which envelope is not very easy, my poor ole brain. I have plenty of these envelopes, so if I did not put something in I should have, let me know and i'll send some.

If I am FORGETTING anyone I already said I'd send seeds to, just remind me.

Anyone else want to be on my seed mail out list? Let me know, and pm me with your address.

Oh, I still have more of those purple seeded golden podded pea seeds, but I'll soon have to get some from the 2nd best plant, which was a high percentage of purple seeds, but not 100%. That may actually be a good thing because the purple seed color behaved like a CODOMINANT gene and codominant factors are hard to figure.

Got lots of an excellent selection of freckles romaine lettuce from 2 really good plants, one strongly splashed, the other lightly splashed with red. Lettuce acts like a random pollinator, and these 2 plants were like 15" apart, and flowered simultaneously. Freckles has silvery seed.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Smart Red is on the list now,
and I think I'll send some to CaneSisters.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
"and I think I'll send some to CaneSisters."
:clap
Marshall, I haven't forgotten about your cookies! The Thanksgiving over abundance of goodies somehow disappeared... but the Christmas cookies are rolling out the oven by the dozens! Got a box labeled and ready, just need to pack it up for ya.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Send your address to me Cane and I'll get to packing them.

Also, I got a message in my profile from a brand new member who has yet to post any messages asking for some seeds.

Howdy and welcome to the forum KTsgirl. :frow

Next batch of seeds sent will get to the post office probably Tuesda...oh hang on...things will be closed for holidays...Monday or Tuesday, or Friday. Well, they will indeed get sent soon!

Oh! On Facebook, Joseph Simcox, the "intrepid" and famous seed explorer, has requested some seeds of my new varieties.

That feels kind of cool, know what I mean Vern? I may need to have BobM burst my bubble with some of his famous gnarliness!

See how we are here in TEG? Like family and neighbors. SeedCorn is the guy down the street keeping my brain on its toes, and BobM is the guy up the street that when we're all behind the fence and we're all hanging out there, I'm sneaking extra sugar into his :caf coffee.

:gig <<< Oh! There's the little giggly faced smiley! Someone get a brown paper bag. He's hyperventilating!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Course I'm losing track... :p

Bluejay77's box is sent
Digit got his 2 envelopes

Thistle's really large envelope is packed and right here leaning on my desk.
KT'sgirl's medium sized envelope is jam packed and right here leaning on my desk.
SeedO's envelope is packed and right here leaning on my desk.
Smart Red's envelope is packed and right here leaning on my desk.

BOUND AND DETERMINED TO GET PACKED BEFORE THE DAY IS DONE ARE:
NinnyMary
Journey
Canesister
HoneyComb

Then, those go to town to the post Office, probably tomorrow.

...and I have hardly made a dent in all these seeds...

:p

And then, Joseph Simcox, and Hal,
and I want to send some to chickiesmomainnh, BJtaylor, So Lucky, and I know I'm forgetting some folks! Forgive my ole Neanderthal brain...Bonk me on the head to remind me!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now, just you all be patient.

The USPS does a real good job and even with the Christmas rush they had my packages here on Monday! Wow!

Thank you Marshall.

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
...hmmm, which winter radish seeds to mix for mary, envelopes in hand...multitasking with laptop...