I was a busy bee this weekend... (Pic Heavy)

Carri

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Sorry dial-uppers...

I got so much done outside this weekend!! :weight
My parents came out and my mom and I planted the veggie garden.

We did some seeds and some baby plants.
gardenstuff011.jpg

Peppers (Green and purple bells, Gypsy sweet, Big Bertha, Hot Banana, and New Mexico Jim)

gardenstuff013.jpg

Tomatoes (Heatwave) Notice the chicken's oyster shells around them!

gardenstuff015.jpg

Cilantro, Chianti Hybrid Sunflowers, and Burpless Hybrid Cucumber

gardenstuff012.jpg

Mexican Lime and Mr. Stripy Tomatoes

gardenstuff016.jpg

I also planted strawberries, tomatillos, watermelon, sweet basil, sweet corn, radishes (Cook's custom mix), and Sugar Snap Peas.

So, after that was all done, I cleaned up the front yard! I had to re-plant my plumerias because the wind beat them up, put some dahlia bulbs in the ground, as well as some lilies, planted a palm tree and some lavender.

Plumerias looking a little ratty.

gardenstuff002.jpg

My big sago, with some lilies and a gardenia.

gardenstuff005.jpg

Some hybiscus with lilies (bulbs in the ground)

gardenstuff007.jpg

Some lavender with a rooster garden stake :lol:

gardenstuff008.jpg

Plumerias and different lilies waiting to come up

gardenstuff003.jpg

Hope you enjoyed!

Backyard Buddies

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Wow Carri!! It's looking great!!! The weather has been so wonderful lately that it is perfect for getting things started. Please post more pictures to let us see the progress!

Carri

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We couldn't have asked for a better weekend, huh? I was a little worried this morning when the wind was picking up, but it settled down into a nice breeze. Now I'm going to BBQ some chicken and enjoy the rest of the evening!
My husband and my dad put fans out on our patio so that will be so nice in the summer (Norco= heat and flies :barnie ). The winds blew just long enough to dirty my pool up, though!
I have some seeds left if you want them. Most of them are good until the end of the year. I'll probably end up planting the radishes a few times over the season, but stuff like the corn is just going to be harvested too late to start over. Let me know!
Oh! And I have a ton of lily bulbs- Stargazers. They are my favorite so my mom brought down 20 (LITERALLY) and I don't have any place to put them all. Want a few?

Backyard Buddies

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
It was amazing today, wasn't it?!! Unfortunately, I've been stuck inside all day helping my daughter finish a school project (she's 10 and I didn't want to turn her loose on the paper cutter quite yet!) I hope your evening was as nice as the day was!

Yeah, sure. I'll be glad to take anything off of you! And, if you donate it to the sustainable project, I'm pretty sure you could even get a write-off out of it! :D The garden is going to be dedicated to a priest who passed away in the past year who was deeply into sustainable gardening, organics, and general good for the earth type things. So, some beautiful lilies would fit the bill very nicely!

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Holy cow!!!

You did all that in one weekend!?!?!

:th

Now I feel like a slacker since the weekend is almost over and all I have to show for it is this post! :rolleyes:

Carri

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
:gig SLACKER!
Well, you'll find me outside, all gung-ho, the first good weekend of spring. Ask me about my progress a couple of months from now when it's 100 degrees out! :barnie
BTW... The beds took me a few weekends to do. That was all weeds when I first started with it!

silkiechicken

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Man, that makes my garden stuff look like poo... oh wait... that's all it is still... have to move the birds off it. You're so lucky you can plant now. STILL have two months to wait.

jdypat

Sprout
Reaction score
the post where you find out your zone.. well i guess its more complicated than my thinking goes. or my thinking is too slowed down. i remember when it was simple zone 7 and i was secure in my self.. now duh..
im right outside of nashville 50 miles west.. and a little south what would taht make me.. i see there are several numbers to remember not just the one.. as in the good old days. jdy

Carri

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
jdypat- You can go to the Sunset Gardens website to find your zone. In the west, we actually have two different zone charts because my weather can be so different than BackyardBuddies, even though we are only miles apart.
My Western Sunset zone is 18 but I have no idea what my other one is.

Latest posts