I wish Bambi would die!

April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OK, so that sounds sooo mean, but hey! These deer are trying to kill my newly planted orchard and have just about killed the strawberries--all 400 we planted!

So I put up deer fencing. It looks so neat and clean up in the field. I am wondering about the viability of deer fencing>? Any thoughts?

hangin'witthepeeps

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I used to have deer and my neighbor 3 houses down is still having deer problems. I have a German Shepherd in the horse dry lot (with the horses) and a Great Pyrenees in with the goats and no more deer. You just have to get used to the barking.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
How tall is it? It should work out fine. Listen, I love animals and I adore nature- but some things cannot be tolerated. There are a few less woodchucks around here, I can tell you that!

April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
7 1/2 feet tall Lesa.

Guess we know how much wood those little guys will be chucking!

We just got a new dog. I need to update puppy pictues. He is learning. Can I get deer hides and the like for him to chew to get him more aggressive towards them?

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Nyboy said:
I think of them as gaint rats.
I think of them as dinner. When does deer season start? :gig
Actually, you CAN shoot a deer when it's not deer season, if it's being a "nuisance" (at least here in Texas), but you have to call the game warden to pick up the carcass. You then would have to answer to the game warden, and probably show some kind of proof of the damage the deer has done.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've heard, spreading human hair around your strawberries will keep them away. Go to a barbershop, ask for the hair, try it. Besides feeling foolish what do you have to lose?

justpete

Leafing Out
Reaction score
April Manier said:
OK, so that sounds sooo mean, but hey! These deer are trying to kill my newly planted orchard and have just about killed the strawberries--all 400 we planted!

So I put up deer fencing. It looks so neat and clean up in the field. I am wondering about the viability of deer fencing>? Any thoughts?
I have good luck with the deer fencing.
Lots of deer around sometimes right next to the garden but they have stayed on they're side for the two years I've used the fence.

Latest posts