I wish you could see how beautiful my greenhouse looks

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat when I was younger and money tight I painted many a coat of paint. I do know what your saying about having professionals do the painting, in your mind it looks so much better!! Must be the prep work before painting.
I painted my kitchen last winter-had aches and pains for a few days. It is an insurance claim hence the pros. It sure is easier when you are watching. I had to paint the plant benches. They were pretty shabby and not part of the damage. The painter encouraged me to do it. Made his work look less than perfect. I was anxious to get my plants started, but I did it anyway. Glad I did.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes! Like after it is filled with this year's plants :).

Here, I'm thinking of a new house with a central bathroom :rolleyes:.

Hey. Maybe a central bathroom with an atrium above!

:) Steve
Bite the bullet and build a new house with the greenhouse that you really want. Mine is 12 X 18. The side near the house wall is useful for low light plants. I can grow so much. I added a lighted grow light stand a few years ago. That makes perfect seedlings that I rotate to the windows.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
That look great, gona be nice this winter.

If you've room enough, a 55gal tank on a stand, will gather heat for the evening and can be use to water the plants, you can fill it from the kitchen.
That look great, gona be nice this winter.

If you've room enough, a 55gal tank on a stand, will gather heat for the evening and can be use to water the plants, you can fill it from the kitchen.
It gets so full that I would begrudge the space in time. But, great idea.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
If fish where added ( goldfish need cold water) you would have fertilized water
I have this HS Facebook friend. He is a giant guitar playing motor cycle dude. He does that kind of growing. There is a special name for it with the fish fertilizing your hydroponics. Seems like such a gentile form of gardening for a biker dude. Fish and flowers.

Latest posts