Ice Cream Maker!

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hey I can make you some brick for around the island if you want..... cause that's how it would turn out and you know that's the truth..... :/:he:th:hit

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
bj taylor said:
rebbetzin, you can't just throw that out here and not give the recipe. how do you do it please?
Well... I use the Vanilla Ice Cream recipe that is in my Vitamix cookbook.

1 1/2 cups of half & half or cream
2/3 cups sugar
1 tbs vanilla extract
4 cups of frozen half and half cubes
Vanilla bean (open pod, scrape out seeds and add to half and half, I take the pod, and put it in a jar with some sugar, you could put the pods in rum, vodka or some other liquer, and let it set for a year or so to make your own vanilla extract.)

Then...

Place ingredients in the Vitamix container, put lid on, turn on HIGH, and in about 30 seconds you have soft freeze ice cream.

I put the ice cream in square glass container with a snap on lid. The ice cream quickly melts at room temperature.

As the ice cream freezes, to prevent ice crystals from forming, I use a stick blender and whip it every hour or so until it is hard.

You could make any flavor with this recipe. Add some chocolate, or fresh strawberries, or a jam of any flavor.

My husband expects for there to be a constant supply of this in the freezer.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'll give the first recipe I used in the ice cream maker as well... it was EXCELLENT!

Vanilla Bean Ice Cream:

Heat the following just to a bubble-

2 Cups Heavy Cream
2 Cups Whole Milk
1/3 cup sugar
1 Sliced vanilla bean, and scrape in some of the seed

In a separate bowl combine 3 Duck Egg Yolks (or 5 chicken egg yolks)
and 1/3 Cup sugar.

Spoon a little of the hot cream into the yolk mix and stir, then add another spoon full and stir again. (This will temper the yolks so they don't curdle)

Now add the yolks mix to the cream mix stir and remove from heat. Allow to cool for a couple hours or overnight in the fridge.

Filter the cream mixture through a sieve and add to the ice cream maker for 20-25 minutes. This creates a soft serve type in our maker, for a scoopable ice cream put in a covered container and freeze for at least 30 minutes. Make 1 1/2 Quarts.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Maybe you guys can appreciate this, but I found this recipe and my daughter talked me into trying it. So I thought I would share. I have the cream mixture cooling in the fridge right now to go into the ice cream maker later tonight. As for the jam part, I made a Lemon Blueberry Jam earlier we're going to use instead. :)

I am brave... we're so going to eat this!

Corn Ice Cream with Blueberry (Tarragon) Jam Swirl:

http://food52.com/recipes/13792-corn-ice-cream-with-a-blueberry-tarragon-jam-swirl

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
vfem said:
Maybe you guys can appreciate this, but I found this recipe and my daughter talked me into trying it. So I thought I would share. I have the cream mixture cooling in the fridge right now to go into the ice cream maker later tonight. As for the jam part, I made a Lemon Blueberry Jam earlier we're going to use instead. :)

I am brave... we're so going to eat this!

Corn Ice Cream with Blueberry (Tarragon) Jam Swirl:

http://food52.com/recipes/13792-corn-ice-cream-with-a-blueberry-tarragon-jam-swirl
OK, this is one of those recipes that makes me wonder...what pregnant woman thought this was a good idea?

Latest posts