Ice Tea

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Pulsegleaner , God Bless you and my eldest DD for your love of Earl Grey tea.
I Gag on it. Smells nice and aromatic. It would work in my underwear drawer.

Constant Comment was a type of tea i'd used to have quite often. very strong smelling to me too. i do happen to like Earl Grey tea, but i rarely have it these days as i don't want to zoom around and bounce off the walls - and i certainly would not want it in my underwear drawer - that's just mayhem waiting to break out.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Pulsegleaner , God Bless you and my eldest DD for your love of Earl Grey tea.
I Gag on it. Smells nice and aromatic. It would work in my underwear drawer.
That actually reminds me of a funny story. Way back when, one of the big tea companies I used to order from was Simpson & Vail. Simpson & Vail actually carries about a DOZEN different Earl Grey tea blends, so I often shopped around. One of the one's they offered (and still may, I haven't checked recently) was called Victorian Earl Grey, which contained not just bergamot, but also rose petals and lavender. But when I got my sample, if found that, while extremely fragrant, it was completely undrinkable for me. So we actually DID wind up using it as potpourri!

Actually, someday, Simpson & Vail could come in real handy for me, since, if you are willing to order in appropriate large amounts, they have no problem doing custom blends. At the moment, that is out of the question, I have neither the storage space nor the cash for such a venture. But down the road, if I become powerful and successful, I may contact them and see about making up what I call Iron Earl (basically, taking their Tieguanyin and adding bergamot to it DIRECTLY, so that I didn't have to deal with the black tea backing. Would probably turn out a lighter cup.)

HmooseK

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yes, make sun tea all summer!

I use a lot of cold brew. Raspberry Zinger is my favorite followed by peach tea. Once in a blue moon we make hot brewed loose leaf tea. I don’t use anything in my tea, just unsweetened tea.

I don’t care for any of the commercially made teas.

Ice Tea

HmooseK

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Captain Picard is the only one I’ve ever heard drinking Earl Grey. I don’t believe I’ve ever tried it. Probably because I drink Ice tea. I don’t drink anything hot except chocolate.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Captain Picard is the only one I’ve ever heard drinking Earl Grey. I don’t believe I’ve ever tried it. Probably because I drink Ice tea. I don’t drink anything hot except chocolate.
Well, Earl Grey IS a lot more popular in Britain than over here (though apparently the French and Russians like it as well, and even China and Japan are getting into it.)

Actually, there were quite a few bottled Ice tea companies that used to include an Earl Grey in their line. T42 did (which I practically lived on in college). So did Republic of Tea. There is one brand I find at the health food stores (forget the name) which STILL does. Drinking Earl Grey iced is not that uncommon.

Actually, the fact that Captain Picard can drink Earl Grey actually says something really positive for the environmental state of future earth, since it means that the bergamot trees of Calabria managed to stay alive and functioning long enough into the future for their flavor to be programmed into a replicator (I'm assuming a replicator can't reproduce something that no one has ever programmed into it, and that something has to have still EXISTED for it to be programmable.)

HmooseK

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, I'm back from the store, and I got more of that herbal tea I mentioned. Turns out it IS called Shaka. I was also reminded it is zero calorie, so I can drink all I want without guilt (or, at least, all I was able to get my hands on.)
I just got back from the store too. I found watermelon mint and cherry/strawberry tea. I haven’t tried either, but supposedly, you just drop the bag in a bottle of water. I reuse soda bottles and refill them from my berkey. The water bottles they sell these days are so flimsy, you can’t even open one without spilling water all over the place. Maybe I’m just a moose in a china closet.

Latest posts