I'd like to suggest a movie~

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I saw a movie called Hacksaw Ridge the other night. It was really not for children but very inspiring. It was about a WWII soldier that wouldn't carry a gun but became a hero.

Another movie I enjoy is Man From Snowy River. Action packed and a favorite of horse people.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Man From Snowy River
Another movie I enjoyed but haven't seen in years.

Learned something by looking up that movie in Wikipedia: "The movie was not shot in the actual Snowy Mountains but in the Victorian High Country near Mansfield, Victoria, where Burrowes' wife's family had lived for several generations, which was logistically easier." This is called the "Victorian Alps" area and is a little further south than Arkansas is north ;). In addition, Mansfield isn't very high at 1,000 feet but those mountains go above 7,000 feet! Maybe not Colorado "Rocky Mountain High" but some of it is quite a ways up there :).

Mary, in all honesty :hide, I felt that the olde guys in the 2nd Hand Lions were a little over-the-top. Maybe a lot over-the-top in Robert Duvall's character altho I like both Duvall & Michael Caine as actors. In the movie, I like the kid, how he reacts and how he relates his memories of these over-the-top uncles :).

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice to get someone else's opinion Steve. I'm not crazy about comedies or over the top stuff. I really need to remember to go to the library tomorrow.

Mary

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Secondhand Lions. With Robert Duvall and Michael Caine.

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Secondhand Lions is one of my favorites too. It was fun watching it with my boys. It surprised me how much they enjoyed it.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have often said the same thing, I swear sometimes the only thing DH looks for in a movie is the inaccuracies, this is one of the reasons we each have our own tv's and remote controls. Please tell me all men are not like this.

Annette
My friends husband is a doctor. All he does is point out the medical inaccuracies in TV and movies. AND their daughter worked as an assistant to the writer for several seasons of Grey's Anatomy. He was no fun to watch it with and he critiqued the shows to his daughter.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I read there is a reason why Zebra where never broke to ride, they are nasty animals that will try and kill you. I guess if you are hunted by packs of lions you need to be tough.
Zebras are wild animals. Horses have been domesticated for thousands of years. But, even wild horses can be broke but are more difficult than one raised from birth. There are some that are ridden but probably very few.

Latest posts