1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official TEG Poll: What is your garden style?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Herb that wasn't a herb. - Discussion Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. TEG Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

ID'ing That Weed

Discussion in 'Weeds' started by digitS', May 29, 2016.

1. May 29, 2016
    digitS'

digitS' Garden Master

I like to forget about them through the winter. Ahhh! The weedless time of the year ...

After awhile, I become embarrassed that I'm spending so much time on them in the spring and have once again, forgotten what they are! Many of our weeds are common to gardens, worldwide! They adapt well to the entire process.

I've made good use of the Virginia Tech guide (LINK). But, I've gotta guess at the name to find the ID, easily. The pictures are great!

Recently, I came across Oregon State University's weed guide (LINK). I don't find the pictures all that wonderful but browsing them, may make a search a little quicker. Click the name to see more information and pictures.

Do you have a favorite weed guide?

Steve

flowerbug and journey11 like this.
  2. May 29, 2016
    journey11

journey11 Garden Master

Helpful! I pinned them both. Although for the grasses, I will have to study up on my botany terms. I am more of a visual learner!

flowerbug likes this.
  3. Jun 7, 2018
    flowerbug

flowerbug Garden Addicted

same here, it takes me a while to memorize things and i never did get very good at taxonomy. i did have botany in college, but we did a lot of study on mosses because that was what the instructor was into. it's all interesting to me. life is amazing in all forms...

Collector and digitS' like this.