If it will "go"....don't waste it.........

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
About 3 or 4 weeks ago (actually, I really don't know how long. "Time" is just a word, to me....but, let's just say) I cut some rogue trees down around the house, let them lay and, today, was pleasantly surprised at just how much carbon (brown) material came off them for the compost pile, when I got finished hand stripping the limbs. Happy, happy, happy..........Next, chicken poop......

6615_003a.jpg

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I keep a brush pile down in a fence corner and in the fall move the brush to the garden and burn it. Those coals and ashes get scattered throughout the garden.

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
canesisters said:
Now if only you had a chipper, you could add in those branches too. :)
Heck......If I had a chipper, NOTHING would be "safe" around here.....LOL

Double R......I have a tendency to do the same thing with my brush pile. No need to buy dolomite.....

muckmuck

Leafing Out
Reaction score
All of my trimmed out branches get thrown in the chicken run for stripping. After a day or two there are just bare branches, kinda skips the hand stripping part and goes straight to chicken****!

Max

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Again... more patience then I! :lol:

I am the LAZIEST composter EVER!

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
those of you adding wood ash to your garden; do you have acid soil? I have alkaline soil and think this might off balance my ph. but I like the idea of incorporating ash into my soil.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I think wood ash is alkaline. I add ash, egg shells and chicken compost to my garden. I haven't ph tested it. Probably should.

Latest posts