If only I was rich...

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Goodness... if I had the land... the space... and of course, the MONEY! Sheesh!!! :happy_flower

dragonlaurel

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
That's pretty. I can see it filled with started plants, a few small fruit trees, lots of flowers. A good potting table and hanging strawberries tempting me to snack on a few. :watering

My dream- is already posted on "my page".

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I would not only love to have that I would move into it after I fixed it up and put citrus trees and tropical fruits and plants in it and a little water feature ..yup my bed would go in there too!

wow

thanks for the day dream :)

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
how much was that ? ... $24,000. Ouch

If I were only rich instead of goodlooking!

Seriously, there are so many craftsman on this planet; some are just budding in the garden of life. Seek out your craftsman and you can have this very greenhouse for far less.

Even if you did this entire structure out of glass and wood it would be only a fraction of the cost. The bones are this structure are incredible, as is the craftsmanship of the day, there is no question.

Even if I were rich, I could never justify the waste of the money any more than I can justify the waste of a structure, but...if I were rich I would build one by hand!

Ron

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I got to thinking that there must be thousands of unwanted greenhouses; we are after all the biggest consumers, or were.

I found this link. Each typed entry is a submission with contact information for everything that has to do with greenhouses/parts. Quite amazing list really. I would think that if any one of us should strike it rich that this would be an invaluable resource to have.

http://www.greenhouse-bbs.com/bbs/clasequi.htm

Cheers,

Ron

ps, I am still trying for the "Dorothy Approach". I am waiting for a big gust of wind to bring down a full greenhouse into my garden one day. I just hope I am not under it when it arrives... LOL :D
Wicked-Witch-Doorstopper_D26AB4E9.jpg

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OK, so now we know who is sitting in his office all morning doing nothing!

On my above link, the one with the Classifieds, I ran into this site:
http://www.gardenunderglass.com/

They sell just the aluminum frames. Linked to the left under solariums, and click on 'models'. Too incredible. They have the framing for skylight arboretum tops too.

se13.gif

se6.gif

I could use this one
se12.gif

or this one!
se3.gif

This is a good source. Such a dreamer I am :p:p

Ron

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Just for the antiquity, I'd pay that price. Of course I'd have to buy out my neighbors, flatten their houses and combine the land with mine, that'd give me about three acres - plenty of room for it then!
devil-banana.gif

Nah, only kidding, I'd miss my neighbors!

Latest posts