If you want something done right...

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Made this barbie outfit. The picture doesn't do the fabric justice. It's sooo sparkly and shiny :eek:

The sewing machine just came! I'm going to sit down with a pattern now and see what I can sew up.
IMG_20230103_212358.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i wish you were local, Mom does so much quilting and has a lot of small scraps left over. :(

if you can find a local quilting group or ask at the local sewing and craft shops you may be able to find scrap fabrics for projects.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
i wish you were local, Mom does so much quilting and has a lot of small scraps left over. :(

if you can find a local quilting group or ask at the local sewing and craft shops you may be able to find scrap fabrics for projects.
That's a great idea!! There's actually a quilting shop near me, and a 'buy nothing' group. My neighbor and my MIL both told me not to bother buying fabric ever again though. They said they had so much I can just pick through what ever I want. :)

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
That looks real nice. With the sewing machine you are off and running!
Both the dresses pictured were hand sewn while waiting for the sewing machine. The sewing machine came late last night and I tried it this morning.

It took me all day to sew two hems. I can't sew any of the tight curves required. I can't imagine how they expect me to pin stuff in place while also having room to sew. Even if it just does the hemming though I think it will save a lot of time.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love to sew! I have an old Singer that I use for lightweight projects and also a Sailrite machine that is super tough that I use to sew rugged projects. I sew everything from canvas/sail cloth ditty bags to boat sails, to couch covers to dresses to teddy bears! For Christmas my latest sewing projects were bug screens for my son's sailboat and a quillow for my daughter.

Latest posts