I'm about to have company...

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, isn't that something else? How on earth they go about getting all those images logged is beyond me. Must be some sort of camera strapped to the hood of a car. Perhaps they have the State Police or some other local gov organization to collect the data for them. Why else would anyone traverse miles upon miles of WV backroad? I used that feature 3 years ago to locate the residence of a gentleman who was giving me free honeybees. I was able to "drive" to his house and could tell which one was his by the long line of white hives in his side yard.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
That works at some places Cane.

What I'm waiting for the satellite to have is live cam from satellite! :) oh maybe not...someone would spy...but step outside and wave to the satellite! :) fun idea...

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hot Pepper, if I recall mom's stories right, the Mississippi River was behind their backyard in Clearwater. She was a Swainson, and her friends had names like Heaton and some others i'll try to remember.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I saw a picture - several years ago - where someone had spelled out "HI NASA!" in their yard.
The story was that they had heard there was one of those arial or satalight surveys going on and so they dragged a bunch of logs and branches into a clearing. You could only see it from the tightest zoom. Wish I could remember where I found it...

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
journey11 said:
Yes, isn't that something else? How on earth they go about getting all those images logged is beyond me. Must be some sort of camera strapped to the hood of a car. Perhaps they have the State Police or some other local gov organization to collect the data for them. Why else would anyone traverse miles upon miles of WV backroad? I used that feature 3 years ago to locate the residence of a gentleman who was giving me free honeybees. I was able to "drive" to his house and could tell which one was his by the long line of white hives in his side yard.
Google has a VAN! The GOOGLE VAN!

Don't you people watch 'Go On'? They just had an episode (Matt Perry is so funny) where at the end, they heard the Google Van was going done a road by the place they were having group therapy, and they all got dressed up in costumes that make them feel empowered and chased the Google Van to try to get in the shots it was taking.

As I can see from the photos of my house, its was taken over 6 years ago while the house was still vaccant. I wish they'd get more up to date shots on how awesome it looks now! :D

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can see my daylily beds and 2 horses in google earth. The last time we looked there was a shot of my husband's perfect neat tilling job!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
However do you get real time pics of your property. I can googleearth my spot, but I can't see the house for all the trees shading it. Where do they get all those green leaves in a snowstorm?

Love, Smart Red

Latest posts