I'm about to have company...

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cool huh! It really isn't too hard to make one. The tutorial will show you start to finish too. I forgot I was on the Sufficient Self map, which Google had bookmarked under My Places. I think I'll make a map of my favorite U-picks. There's not much for me to map here where I live. I am "where the blacktop ends". LOL

Hey, I'll post a link to the map in a separate thread so everybody can find it.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey journey, I didn't realize we were neighbors...we must be because the blacktop ends about a quarter mile from my house! :p

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow Marshall, I doubt anyone could find you if they tried! You really do live in God's Country, don't you. From your pics you've posted, we know it sure is beautiful out there. A year-long vacation!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are those the coordinates of your house? The numbers after your name when you click "directions"?

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I stuck a pin right in the garden. I own the two properties just to the north. We live in the first trailer. I am renovating the next one to serve as a temporary home while we tear down this place and build our new house. That was the appeal this property had for me. One place to live in while building a house. Since we own both properties outright, we can dump a lot of money into building the new house for cash...no mortgage ;) One advantage of being in the construction industry is that you get to know people who can do anything...usually for beer and BBQ. Since I always have pleny of both, I already have lots of volunteers to help with the house.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's great, Monty, the best way to do it. Sounds like you've got a pretty good sized parcel there.

I've got relatives in Moundsville and have gone up to Wheeling, but that's about the farthest up the northern panhandle I've ever been. I see you are on the mighty Ohio river too.

So Lucky, Those are latitude/longitude coordinates. That's why folks may be more comfortable pinning their town (since you can find those on a map anyway) or even the nearest major city if you are worried about your privacy. You know how the internet can be sometimes.

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Marshall, your whole family must enjoy small towns! Clearwater is tiny! My brother and his wife live their and I think if you blink you'd miss it. Nice quaint little town.

marshallsmyth said:
My mother spent much of her childhood at Clearwater Minnesota. I think that's how it's spelled.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ok, I finally figured out the map. Yes, I'm that slow. I kept messing with and messing with it and I just wasn't finding the 'blue pin'. BUT HOORAY, I GOT IT!!!

Funny looking at google maps and my house looks so old and sad back them, I'm glad we found it and loved on it... and tending the land was a plus too. :D

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Did you know that if you click on the little yellow person (at the top of the zoom/zoom out slider) and drag him to your location you can see the actual view from your street???
FREAKED - ME - OUT to be able to virtually drive up my road, see my mailbox and then turn and see my barn up the hill.......

Latest posts