I'm about to have company...

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
NwMtGardener said:
Ohh, that map is pretty cool! Just a short check at google maps told me that whoever created it would have to have the email addresses of everyone who wanted to participate, so they could get invitations to put their pins in. Sounds like a huge project :/ maybe there's another map app that does something similar...?
Huummm :( I just clicked on the link (on the BYC page) and it took me to the map. A little bit of clicking and unclicking and I was able to add my info and a 'pin'. Maybe it was the adding my info that gave them the email???? Anyway, it was pretty easy to join - but I don't know how to set it up.

I'll send the thread starter a message and see if they would want to start one over here - if yall would like.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Done! :D I've been on one of these before.

Ok, up and running! Go here: http://goo.gl/maps/yw7Js You will need to have or open a Google account to be able to participate. After following the link, click the red box that says "Edit". I included more specific directions in the map's description box to the on the left. There is also a tutorial you can run if you have any difficulty.

Anyone can drop a blue pin to their location. I would recommend for your security that you don't drop your pin directly on your house. Just pin the heart of your city.

Only where you pin and what you type to label that pin will be public info. I trust all of you my friends here, but remember anyone browsing TEG can see this map, so be careful what info you choose to put on there--make sure it is only what you want to be public.

Have fun and be sure to say "howdy" to your neighbors! :frow

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oooh... nice Journey! I'm too slack to all that. Hahahaha

I know there are more local people on here I've met, but they really don't use TEG. They have passed through here with like 5 or 6 posts and then gone again. They are all active on BYC though. Nacho and I use TEG more so then BYC now, and she's going to be my co-worker soon!

I'm surprised she has posted here yet!

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
vfem, it is soo neat that you get to have an actual real life friend who is also on here.
I'm hoping to meet up with a few BYC folks at Gilmanor this year. Ya can't have too many friends. :)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Journey 11 that is so cool. You are one smart cookie :) I have added myself to the map I hope EVERYONE does. Thanks,

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's great Journey. I'm gonna do it right now. Sure hope my ole neanderthal brain can figure it out!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
That's great Journey. I'm gonna do it right now. Sure hope my ole neanderthal brain can figure it out!
YEAH !!! Marshall, you did it :)

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Trying to follow instructions, but...

stuck at the gitgo! It says for me to click on the hand icon. Can't find a hand icon to click.

I am signed on my google. it has my name on the page.

i'll try clicking things even if it seems wrong, lol :p

OH! BY CLICKING THE RED EDIT BUTTON 3 ICONS APPEARED, so i got it now!!!

I wonder if the map can be placed on TEG'S main front page by asking NIFTY? Or maybe a link to it there?

Latest posts