I'm moving and need shade flowers

StonyGarden

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thanks every one for your input.

Cane sisters, I'm moving a few miles down the road to McKenney. Right off of 40. I'll have to see when I can come by. I'm working 3-5 12 hour shifts per week right now.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
AHH! :D Closer! We really are neighbors now.
How's the chickens doing? I'm think that I'm going to have a PILE of roos to deal with this Fall. May have to schedule another "neighborhood processing day".

StonyGarden

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
All I have left are australorps. The rooster you picked up for me had to go to camp. He attacked me. So I have another rooster that I hatched who is very friendly and takes good care of the girls. I want to get rid of all of them and start over with some blue copper marans but that will have to wait till next year.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Let me know when you want a new roo...... LOL
I've been starting to hear those weazing croaking 'baby' crows coming from the coop early in the morning.....

Do you have plans on where to get the marans? I'd be VERY interested in ordering from Sandhill again next spring. They only sell in groups of 25 - so splitting orders works well.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I found the copper Marens to be difficult. The black coppers I had were temperamental. The roo was the devil incarnate. Girls were undependable layers. Had one die and one got eaten by neighbor dog, I suspect.
But the eggs were beautiful!
I hope you have good luck if/when you get yours.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I only had 1 marans, and it turned out to be a roo - and .. like so lucky said, MEAN as the devil incarnate.
However - his daughters (half australorp/half BCM) lay these LOVELY dark eggs.....
eggs 2015.jpg

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had the same experience with BCMs as So Lucky and Cane. The 3 roosters were brutal on the girls and they weren't even mature, just starting to crow. Sold one to a guy that breeds for fly tying feathers and it was off with their heads for the other two.

Latest posts