I'm rich!!!!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
You would not believe what I got yesterday! This couple at church have a lot of great stuff at their house and they have been doing a general cleaning out. This is what I have received so far:

2- 35# sealed tins of red turkey wheat (with a promise of more each time I make them some bread!)

Boxes upon boxes of new BAll canning jars, wide mouth and narrow, pints and quarts, plus lids and flats! Once again, with a promise of more when they find them!

Several stacks of clean, used egg cartons.

A VITAMIX !!!!! They have to find it but they said I could have it....barely used. I bought one of these for my mother 2 years ago and it costed $500!!!!

These folks have already let us tear down a building for the scrap lumber (which I used to build raised beds and a wood shed), gave us old chainlink fencing and all the posts, fasteners, and gates (which I used to build a chicken run), 3 long sheets of galvanized tin (the roofing for my wood shed), and is going to bring me 2 or 3 16 ft. long 2x10s and some rough-cut 2x4s!!!!! He is a construction site manager, so he has access to a lot of great stuff.

NOW watch me can, can, can and process the devil out of everything with my Vitamix! Just when I needed it, God provides! I did promise to give canned goods to this couple. Get this....when I asked the woman why she was giving away her canning stuff, she said she will never can again! Never....can you believe it? She's not old, but I think they have lots of money, so she doesn't worry about food prices.

God is so good!!! :weee

amyquilt

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
MY OH MY! You did strike gold!!

Lucky you!!! Enjoy all those wonderful goodies!!

Dixiedoodle

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Wow! That is a load of 'blessings'! Good for you and what nice neighbors..many folks would rather throw stuff away that share... Being 'rich' is really great!! Dixie

Latest posts