Indoor&Greenhouse lighting

Mark

Sprout
Reaction score
Hi, the sunlight really short those months because of the cold weather , i have noticed many awesome plantation gardening and greenhouse , any additional lights you guys used for the them , leds ? anyone tried before , how does it work ? thank you.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
For growing indoors, I find that fluorescent shop lights hung close to the plants works very well. I start lots of seeds this way, and keep other plants going through the winter. Just gotta keep the humidity up, and air moving. Don't forget to change out half the bulbs each season, tho.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
For normal on grid small gardeners, those T-5 flourescent tubes are the most efficient, but regular flourescent tubes are fine also.

If you are off the electric grid the 2 foot long T-5 flourescent tubes are fine, but the LED lighting will allow the batteries to last much longer on their charge.

JackB, (Who is really a time traveler from the future), is our resident expert on artificial lighting. But he may be on the run from the feds right now because he planted an Olive tree from Turkey.

Latest posts