Indoor potted aloe vera infestation

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've spritzed alcohol (70 - 90%) on them and it helps to kill the little buggers.
I gave the little devils a spray of peroxide and water earlier after removing some soil, then left a white bowl with apple cider vinegar and water in the window. Thank goodness they seemed to have gone now :weee :)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had a NASTY Fungus gnat problem when we brought plants in to over winter. Damp soil. The aloe won't mind drier soil. I also hung a fly strip near the plants, it caught quite a few adults. You just need to break the cycle. Good luck

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I had a NASTY Fungus gnat problem when we brought plants in to over winter. Damp soil. The aloe won't mind drier soil. I also hung a fly strip near the plants, it caught quite a few adults. You just need to break the cycle. Good luck
I read about these strips, hoping to get a few for my indoor plants soon. Thank you for reminding me @Carol Dee :)

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Does the aloe vera plant die down and return out in the elements? @ everyone

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Does the aloe vera plant die down and return out in the elements? @ everyone

usually it will send up shoots from below, but you can also cut off chunks of the top and reroot those too. it depends upon how adventurous you are. the plant will keep growing longer and will need to be replanted once in a while anyways as it will get more like a vine. this is all ok and quite normal in my experience.

if you don't want it to get so long you need to find the right combination of potting soil, watering and light and it will be more stable.

however, since you are actually using the leaves/juice you probably don't need to worry about how the plant looks. :)

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hopefully I will get this drier soil later and will get a new plant for indoors thanks very much for this reply. I'm hoping that it will survive because below the dry soil will be clay
Sorry another question... can I plant the cuttings into this dry soil?

So much to learn :)

Latest posts