input on these..

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
do you or have you ever used blades like this on your mower if so what do you thing about them.
sharpen the blades yesterday not much of the blade or wings.....

81Zcc%2BQrTnL._SL1500_.jpg

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those are the same blades I have on 54” craftsman. I am not any type of expert but they seem to do a good job, I have never had another set in it though for comparison.

sure that the original blades that come with any mower are the cheapest pos they can put on... this is a first were on all 3 blades all the wings are cracked...

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ohh...I thought maybe they were mulching blades! The ones we had removed, they were wore slam out. They did a wonderful job cutting this acre. The regular (cheaper) standard blades he replaced them with, not so much.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
do you or have you ever used blades like this on your mower if so what do you thing about them.
sharpen the blades yesterday not much of the blade or wings.....

81Zcc%2BQrTnL._SL1500_.jpg

i'm not sure what you mean by: "not much of the blade or wings....."

IMO the little pieces of metal will get bent if you hit something hard with them, or maybe even break off. i'd be more for a straight edge as that's more integral/stronger and can be more easily sharpened.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
did some reading would have had to install a mulching cover on the deck, so passed on that idea, ordered husqvarna premium blades 54.00with shipping. they are definitely a thicker gauge metal.. did get my moneys worth out of the ones that came with it...
IMG_2653.JPG

since it drizzled last night no chance of trying them out, so today was work on the mowers. replaced the starter solenoid on the other, no more using a skeleton starter key...
IMG_2659.JPG

was thinking about cleaning out the barn while out there, that thought passed real quick....the humidity is 84% maybe next weekend..

Latest posts