Insulating Solar Shed

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Called handyman last night, told him to use cement board rather then sheetrock. Can anyone see a problem with this ? I figured in humidity cement board will hold up better.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Called handyman last night, told him to use cement board rather then sheetrock. Can anyone see a problem with this ? I figured in humidity cement board will hold up better.
Does that mean you have purchased the Solar Shed? Yes, cement board is a better choice than sheetrock. I would probably go with some vinyl or plastic material for walls rather than either cement or sheetrock, but cement board is a good choice for an area where humidity could be a problem. Not much worse than tub surrounds where I generally use cement board.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Another option is to first install particle board on the wall studs, then install 4' x 8' sheets of Formica over it. You can very easily cut it to any size with a plywood blade on a Skill saw and use caulking to cover the seams. Easier to clean as there would be one seam between the Formica sheets vs. many for the tiles.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have a attic fan in our greenhouse. We need it in the summer or it would get the rest of the house too hot. I am sure you could set one up with a thermostat to go on when needed.

Last edited:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
What does it alert to, Cat? Other than a few white flies I haven't had problems in my sun room that would need to be attacked.

Sorry, I had to tease. I suspect your spell check didn't like attic fan and made it far more dangerous. Spell checkers can be so much fun at times.

Latest posts