Interested in buying bulk seeds, would like suggestions!

riverman

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I'm about to buy lbs of seeds and live in Central TX. I'd like to buy from somewhere as close to me as possible. Does anybody have any good suggestions? I'm looking for a strict non-GM selling business and organic.

Thank you in advance you lovely fellow soil shepherds! :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Only a suggestion, coming from a couple thousand miles away:

I only know of one Texas seed company, Willhite Seed in Poolville, TX. They have been in business an awfully long time but certainly don't focus on organic. They do sell in bulk.

Texas A&M looked to me to be a good source for information. However, they only list Willhite and only have 3 organic sources on their: Vegetable Seed Sources 2010 (click, pdf).

They are now wrong about Seeds of Change. It is no longer in New Mexico. In all honesty, I don't know where it is and can go into a tirade about the consolidation of the seed industry at this point. Their seed is all organic and GMO free and they sell in bulk.

Best of Luck!

Steve

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Is there a Whole Foods Market near you? I know they have a section in the store where they have all kinds of grains and seeds organic in bulk. I've been buying a lot of wheat berries in the bulk section lately when I work there, not that expensive.

ksacres

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Two years ago I ordered seeds from http://www.heirloomacres.net/

They test all their seeds and the germination rate is listed on each package. They do not sell any GMO seeds, and they even have an organic section. I didn't end up planting a big garden, but the seeds I did use were good. They failed to send me some of my seeds on time, and I had to fax them a copy of my receipt showing what they owed me, but they did send it eventually. I think that was one of their first years and they were ironing out some kinks. As far as prices though, I did shop around a bit and at the time they were pretty much the best priced for non GMO seeds.

Good luck!

Even with the mix-up I would order from them again. They also have good information on how to grow pretty much everything they sell on their website.

(Edited because I typed the wrong web address!!)

Latest posts