Interesting trade....

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So, today I posted in our local group that I was picking up my bunnies tomorrow, and I was immediately sent a msg from one of the girls in the group. It seems that she wants to trade me a buck and 2 does for a cream legbar rooster and 2 hens. :ep

They're not even 2 months old yet and I'm already getting a trade from my first kindling! And an expensive trade at that! That's a lot of pressure! :lol:

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I didn't know what a cream legbar was. Sure are some handsome roo's! That is cool that you can make a trade. :thumbsup

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cream Legbar???? :love They are beeeee-yooooooo-teeeee-fulllllllll!!!!!!! Take that trade fer shure! :thumbsup

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
When we were talking about the trade, she sent me to this site . And MyPetChicken sells hatching eggs for $75/6 $120/12...

I had to pick up my jaw up off the floor when I seen the prices. She just wants some meat rabbits, which is what I'll have. It's not like I have super fancy expensive rabbits or anything. LOL They are beautiful tho. :love

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Something is worth what people will pay for it. It boggles my mind that some people will pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars for a trendy dog that has no chance of winning the Westminster show. I go to the pound and get a dog that can handle a coyote.

The Cream legbars were pretty rare here at one time but are becoming a little more common. I suspect MPC will come off those prices pretty soon.

But the lady that has them obviously thinks the trade is equal. As long as Cream Legbars suit you, I'd jump on that trade with both feet, bounce up and down a few times, and go Wee! Wee! Wee!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i was drooling over that breed of chicken a few years ago when i was researching breeds. then i saw they weren't in the US. :( but while i was on BYC i had heard about some people going through the expense to import breeds or certain colors not here. then i saw the prices some started charging or trying to for a few hatching eggs! YIKES :ep $1000 for 6 coronation sussex or chocolate orpington eggs that you're taking a gamble getting them through shipping, incubating and then hatching if they get that far!

if you're into chickens i'd say to go for it! whether your going to eat their eggs or get the birds tested to be able to sell hatching eggs i don't see any reason to refuse the trade!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ridgerunner said:
Something is worth what people will pay for it. It boggles my mind that some people will pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars for a trendy dog that has no chance of winning the Westminster show. I go to the pound and get a dog that can handle a coyote.

The Cream legbars were pretty rare here at one time but are becoming a little more common. I suspect MPC will come off those prices pretty soon.

But the lady that has them obviously thinks the trade is equal. As long as Cream Legbars suit you, I'd jump on that trade with both feet, bounce up and down a few times, and go Wee! Wee! Wee!
Agree it's worth what you value it. Why I get free muts-that end being $200+ by the time the vet gets done with me...... I pay couple of bucks for chickens as dogs, hawks, etc have been known to clean me out. Dogs I somewhat understand but chickens for home, prices are crazy.

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Completely agree!! I already have someone lined up to get some hatching eggs from THOSE chickens..... LOL I'm booked a year or more out! :lol:

Latest posts