Is it hot enough for you??? :D

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here in the blue mountains we are having a bit of warm weather. Are you? :cool:

Been in the 90's, which is not usual weather here in June. Everyone complaining and such.....but, man, you oughta' see my garden grow! I was starting to wonder if it would ever take off and now I know.....love to see it grow!!!!!!!!!!

Went to the river for a swim today and it was sooooooo beautiful, cold, and fast! We rode the rapids several times. Gotta' love those mountain streams! :coolsun

I kid you not, you can actually see the sprouts pop out of the seeds in this weather! :ep

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It's miserable here, too, highs in the mid-90's and heavy humidity. I really dislike this kind of weather, can't wait for it to break!

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
After 60's and 70's last week, it was 92 yesterday, and is supposed to be higher in the 90's today. Thankfully humidity is the exception here, but we don't want it *too* low, either, being it's another drought year.

The good thing about it, if I have to find one, is that my plants are getting the heat they need to get large enough to establish, and.....I just got my 27 chicks from the post office! (5 mins. ago!) :D....so I won't have to worry, during the day, about their temperatures; just at night. :)

Stay cool! :)

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I hate when its hot even first thing in the morning. My daughter graduated from high school this weekend and the emts were there helping people that were passing out. It was crazy hot in those bleachers.
Beekissed, we don't have any rivers around here, and there isn't any body of water in my town that I would actually swim it.
Your river sounds awesome!
I think we will have to take a beach trip down to Cape Cod soon.

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
NCCountryGirl, I'm trying not to think in 3 digits! July is almost here, and is the hottest month of the year for us; and it was already 110 once this year.....too early!

Keep cool! :)

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We've been having lots of hot weather too. Last week steadily rose to the mid 90's.

The biggest problem is that all around us are parking lots, multi-story apartment buildings, very little shade trees and no open spaces, so it seems to heat up a lot more than the weather report says it will. I personally can't stand the heat and tend to wake up at 4am and work in the garden to avoid it. Great thing to be the one waking the chickens instead of the other way around.

No humidity here though! (One thing I do not miss about Arkansas!)

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It's really hot here too. The late lilacs have lasted like 2 days between buds opening and the flowers going all brown. Sigh. Coupled with a bumper crop of mosquitoes and blackflies, it is NOT a convenient or pleasant week for garden work.

I still have to (somehow) get a measly 8 ft row of bush beans planted with my 4 yr old, a task which will require about 2 hrs and the patience of Job (which unfortunately I do not even come CLOSE to having, aaargh).

Theoretically the weather is supposed to break tomorrow. Huh. I will believe it when I see it.

Pat, with all the ceiling fans on, and a hot sweaty 1-yr-old sleeping on me as I type this, how pleasant :p

ams3651

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
its been 90-97 here the last few days, didnt get the storm the other night and only a little relief later in the week. Its been like this the last couple years, getting a hot spell real early and having practically no spring. My pumpkins grew 3 inches yesterday! And I only planted them last week.

Mossy Rock

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
The 90's are tolerable but those triple digits are another story. Love watching the corn and vegetables take off though.

Latest posts