Is it normal for cucumber plants to wilt after a short time ?

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, very leggy. Sorry! Their stems will be weak and vulnerable. Like it was said, the cotylcedons need to be close to the soil. Try starting them under lights next time and make sure the temps in the room don't get too high over 70 degrees.

Powersurge, what's your location? (You can enter that in under your Profile info, subcategory - Personal and it really helps on here.) You should have plenty of time to start some more, so don't be too bummed out, ok! :) Also, I forgot to say :welcome !

powerserge

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks for your advice everyone, I did keep them next to a window that got some light just not enough i guess. my squash came out the same way . they are about 7 -10 days old . would you agree that the cukes are gonners or shall i wait to see if they get any better ?

silkiechicken

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
If your in that hot part of cali I'm thinking of where my coisins live, you could probably put those squash seeds right into the ground!

Once they get long and leggy, short of burying them up to their cotyledons, they won't get "better".

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't bother to try and start either of those seeds inside. You are in California!!! If you have a cold night on tap, just cover plants. Get those seeds outside and enjoy!

Latest posts