is there a thread capture and transfer utility i can use?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i have a thread on another website and i'd like to capture it (because the website is barely functional and i don't want to lose all the history i have in there)?

any ideas?

i'm not a website guru. would be nice if i could actually capture it and then be able to edit it and perhaps even put it in my thread here or use it as the feed to the static website generator i have (hugo).

even a raw sql data dump utility would be ok if i can find someone at the other end who would run it for me...

thanks! :)

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Great question!

I can't think of a really easy way to do it :(

I usually "print to PDF" for most web-pages where I want to keep the content. Sometimes I'll "save page as" and grab the HTML, images, etc.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
not sure this works with this version of the xenforo, but maybe could be adapted?

anyways, since i am asking for another forum and not this one it isn't important or required or needed but @Nifty you may find it interesting (or not). :)

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
not sure this works with this version of the xenforo, but maybe could be adapted?

anyways, since i am asking for another forum and not this one it isn't important or required or needed but @Nifty you may find it interesting (or not). :)
Unfortunately that won't work with our version of the software.

Latest posts