Is there something odd going on with mint this year?

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We'll see if those tiny seeds actually do anything. I *did* get some thyme started from seed, and those were similarly miniscule, so there's hope!

-Wendy

joz

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I was wondering the same about Nasturtiums... Usually you can find them anywhere, but this year I can't find seed or seedlings. I've looked at Home Depot, and 3 or 4 smaller local nurseries/garden shops. No gaps in the seed displays, no seedlings on the racks (tho I'm not looking for seedlings as hard, so I might've missed them).

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I found some nasturtium seeds at a local feed store. Jewel of India I think. I also had some orange ones left from last year. I didn't look for them at other stores.

As for mint, mine is popping up right now...and being mint, it has spread. Even the stuff I intentionally put in a buried nursery pot so it couldn't spread! :D

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's a trick- the mint plants are all busy right now, plotting to take over the earth... They'll be back!!!!

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The one mint I can't get to spread is the pineapple mint. I think if it actually comes back this year I will try moving it. It tastes delicious :D

NurseNettie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Sounds wonderful!!! I had some apple mint that a friend sent me a few years ago, that never came back, and couldn't find a bit of mint anywhere for 2 years.

Finally, this year, I came across some more in plant-form at a green house, as well as an "Indian Mint", that looks and smells WONDERFUL!!!!!

wifezilla said:
The one mint I can't get to spread is the pineapple mint. I think if it actually comes back this year I will try moving it. It tastes delicious :D

Latest posts