It gets quiet in here after around 7:30 pm Pacific Coast time

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
That makes a good time for more technical writing about gardening!

:old

But, :( 'ly, being :old 'er, I can't have :caf 'ee after around 3:00 pm like I did in college.

Oh well!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was just thinking that Lesa jumping in was a little surprising.

Marshall, the MD told me a couple years ago that I need to cut down on caffeine. So . . . I went 2/3rds decaf.

Most decafs - I hate! So, I have to buy the premium stuff and while I'm at the premium counter, I may as well get the 1/3rd caf :p. DD bought me another coffee mill since the one I've got is nearly worn out . . .

Steve :)

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I've never liked coffee... I love the smell of it... hate the taste of it.

When I was in HS, one of my friends had a baby.... after that she started drinking lots of coffee. I told her that it was really gross, and she said "You will learn to like it after you have kids!" Yeah.... still hate it. LOL

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I doctor my coffee all up with creamer, sugar, and chocolate. I make it with my mr coffee espresso maker, 39 dollar machine. It uses too many watts for my inverter, so mornings when I'm making my coffee is when I charge the batteries with the generator on eco setting.

Wellp, that prototype trellis for my beans is going to need bailing wire at the joints and some twine moving. I may teepee some of the patches with old branches.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had to cut back on coffee also, it made me to jittery if I have to much. Still I depend on it between 4:00 am and 9:00 am, or I am not a happy camper.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The MD's concern was to do things generally that are easier on the stomach. "Doctoring" the coffee was suggested but I am in the continual situation of trying to keep the weight off. Coffee drinks tend to be very high calorie. Of course, I like all that but but I can't justify it . . . :/

It is bitter. It is possible to understand liking the smell but not the taste. Only possible to understand ;), I find the taste and smell all of one experience.

It has been several years since I did the two-for-one with the decaf. I don't miss that extra caffeine but I dang near quit drinking coffee entirely because of the horrible flavor of decaf in the cans!! Once I found some brands in bulk and began grinding it fresh every morning, I went back to being happy :). It could be that an appreciation for flavor kind of fools me into caffeine stimulation. I still have a cup of caffeinated when I'm out and about. Honestly, I don't notice any real difference in how I feel. My 2/3rds decaf will keep me awake when I'd rather be sleeping :rolleyes: if I drink that mug 'n' a half late in the day.

Steve

Latest posts