It was bound for the junkyard

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
But my wonderful hubby got his dad's old tiller running last night! And it sounds great and tills great and is running so smoothly, no sputtering or anything. :weee

This tiller has not been run for about 7 years and has sat in my garage for at least 5. It's been so long now I forget what was supposed to be wrong with it, but his dad couldn't get it working and gave up on it. I don't know what he did to it, but he got it running again. I'm tickled pink because this is a smaller tiller that I can run myself (without it running away with me like the other.) Just had to give my DH the kudos he deserves. :cool:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep, I don't know what we would do without husbands to fix things. I am totally useless when it comes to fixing things but my husband is great at that.

Mary

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My Motto
If you can't be handsome, you need to be handy!!!!
(Stolen from Red Green)

THANX RICH

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know, I'm all for women's lib and equal pay, all that, but it just seems that there are some things that men are better at, and some things that women are better at. I think it would behoove everyone to let us all do what we are better at! That being said, I had to chuckle at the tee shirt my 34 year old son (father of three) was wearing yesterday. It said "STAY CALM AND ASK MOM" Since he is divorced, and has custody of his kids, I kinda think the shirt was worn as a tribute to me. :)

Also, I just love it when something that is old and discarded can be made to work as good as new. Great job, Journey's DH!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
So Lucky, you are LUCKY to have a son that knows his MOM is Smart! Love that T-shirt :)

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
Yep, I don't know what we would do without husbands to fix things. I am totally useless when it comes to fixing things but my husband is great at that.

Mary
We would learn to fix them ourselves or do without. :cool:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
"kinda think?" Obviously, he appreciates Mom!

I am not very mechanical. Still, I have had to mess around with things for a good long time. I am almost willing to mess with it until it is good and broken :/. Then, buy another . . . I mean, you may as well try :). I wouldn't be surprised if Journey's DH took that route with the tiller - reasoning out what might work as he went along.

DW is a good deal shorter than I am - I've got to reach things on the top shelf for her. She will kill a spider but wants nothing to do with worms and caterpillars. If we lived in snake country, she'd really be a nervous wreck. I'd like to think that I'm of help with more than just reaching the top shelf and dealing with the creepy crawlies.

She is so much quicker than I am at doing an awful lot of things! It must be the small hands. She also identifies more with DD and they have a special relationship. DW expects more from family. Gets it, too.

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rescued from a one way trip to the junkyard! And you have your sized tiller to use! :weee That's fantastic!! :thumbsup

Steve, you don't have snakes where you live? Really? I thought those things were everywhere!

Latest posts