It's Christmas again

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
DW & I just got back from last-minute shopping for goodies to add to the Grandkid's gift bags. It's 40 degrees & foggy... so I choose to see fog as a "white Christmas". :D DD will be joining us on a "gift train" soon, to drive & touch base with the rest of our family. If we can't gather together as we used to, maybe we can bring back the old tradition of caroling, with gift exchange added.

This is a time to think about family & friends... including friends we may never meet in person. To all of you, a very Merry Christmas.

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Zeedman going shopping on Christmas Eve reminds me of when my mother and dad did that one time, leaving my brother and me on the farm.

That was very unusual in itself. Out in the country, winter darkness and my parents were not inclined to nightlife. I was a teenager or nearly so. Bro certainly was but off they went, sometime after Dad came home from work.

They bought me a Grandma Moses storybook. I was even more shocked by that. I'm thinking that I'm on my way to adulthood and they give me a book by Grandma Somebody that is "for Boys and Girls!" I think that they were trying to slow me down.

I still have the book. It's the only Christmas present that I still have from childhood :). I was thinking about it the other day. Grandma Moses didn't sell a painting until she was nearly 80 and continued painting for another 20 years. Maybe I should take up painting ;).

First in the storybook is a poem:

The snow had begun in the gloaming,
And busily all the night
Had been heaping field and highway
With a silence deep and white.

Every pine and fir and hemlock
Wore ermine too dear for an earl,
And the poorest twig on the elm-tree
Was ridged inch deep with pearl.
~ James Russell Lowell​
Inside the cover:

0D198923-86CB-4938-BB26-2710E85B3AFE.jpeg

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hope everyone has a great holiday season. We’ve seen some trying years (some more than others). May we keep on advancing until the end. Looking forward to the new stories of our gardens-working with what God gave us.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
DW & I just got back from last-minute shopping for goodies to add to the Grandkid's gift bags. It's 40 degrees & foggy... so I choose to see fog as a "white Christmas". :D DD will be joining us on a "gift train" soon, to drive & touch base with the rest of our family. If we can't gather together as we used to, maybe we can bring back the old tradition of caroling, with gift exchange added.

This is a time to think about family & friends... including friends we may never meet in person. To all of you, a very Merry Christmas.
I hope your day went well and gets even better with this coming new year! :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dear All, please have our bright and sincere wish from Germany. My husband is so happy because a part of his Christmas gift is CAP'N CRUNCH, a kind of dream that comes true for him.

He saw this in The Simpsons when he was young and always want to try, hahaha. He is now happily eating -- too sweeeeeeeeeet for me.

Merry Christmas!
View attachment 46423
How hard is it to get Cap n’ crunch cereal in Germany? It must be pretty difficult if it is a dream come true. LOL Does he like it as much as he thought he would?

Latest posts